Subject of this contract is the participation in the Klingon™ language classes in Saarbrücken, in the following called "qepHom". The qepHom is an informal meeting of linguists and Star Trek™-Fans, who enjoy learning and speaking Klingon™, which is a constructed language developed for the Star Trek™-movies.
In the following, only male pronouns are used. This is only for an easier reading of the text, and does not make a difference of gender.
By registering to the qepHom, the attendee consents to the following terms.
This states a contract between
Lieven L. Litaer
- in the following called "organizer" -
and the participant of the qepHom
- in the following called "attendee" -
according to the following terms and conditions.
1. Place of the event
The qepHom takes place at the Europa-Jugendherberge Saarbrücken, Meerwiesertalweg 31, 66123 Saarbrücken, Germany, in the following named "hotel".
There are twin rooms and quadruple rooms. The organizer decides the distribution, while wishes can be accepted, as long as this is possible and available. Single rooms are special cases which will be charged seperately.
3. Conference room
A conference room will be provided during the event.
b) If the organizer needs to cancel the qepHom, a new date will be suggested. The attendee shall be informed about that as soon as possible.
1. The attendee takes care of his voyage himself. A transport-service from and to the railway station can be established on request, but this depends on the availability of the drivers.
2. The attendee accepts the behavior rules of the hotel. In the case of violation he will suffer the consequences. The organizer has no influence on that.
3. The attendee brings his working material (i.e. necessary books, paper, pens etc.) himself.
4. It is free to the attendee if he participates in the lessons of the qepHom. Disturbing and/or noisy actions are not permitted. Actions not related to the qepHom are permitted, as long as they do not disturb the run of the event. Disturbing actions should be done outside of the conference room.
1. The deadline for the registration is september 1st 2007. The attendance fee needs to be paid before that date. Later payments can only be accepted in special cases. The registration is only confirmed after payment of the fee; the registration will be cancelled if not paid on time. Only guests (see below) can register briefly before the qepHom and pay during the qepHom.
2. Participants from outside must sleep at the hotel, which is also recommended for local attendees because it certainly increases the learning effect. There are three packages:
for the complete qepHom. Includes all costs for the hotel, i.e. the room and food (breakfast, lunch, dinner), including all standard beverages (water, tea, coffee), as well as small amount to cover the costs for teaching material, like photocopies and others. Anything else (e.g. pops, beer, pizza) is paid by the attendee.
for the complete qepHom, without accommodation and food. The attendee has to take care about the latter himself, but is not allowed to bring his own food. It is possible to eat together with the group at the restaurant, but this needs to be mentioned at least two weeks before the qepHom. The fee includes conference materials.
for visitors or guests, who wish to visit the qepHom for one day only. Without accommodation and food. The attendee has to take care about the food himself. This can be managed on request. The fee includes conference materials.
4. Cancellation by the attendee
b) If the attendee cancels his registration per mail, e-mail or phone after the registration deadline and before the qepHom (i.e. thursday evening), half of the paid fee will be refunded.
c) If the attendee does not show up at all, or unsubscribes during the qepHom, the paid fee will not be refunded.
d) Therefrom resulting left over money shall be invested for the sake of the qepHom. The organizer decides about the kind of investment.
The organizer makes no money with the qepHom. All collected fees and also remaining money shall be invested for the sake of the qepHom. The organizer decides about the kind of investing. An overview of the costs can be revealed on request. Left over money after the qepHom shall be saved for the next qepHom.
The organizer is not responsible for the attendees. The attendee is liable for any accidents or damages caused by himself.
Star Trek™ and Klingon™ are registered trademarks of CBS Studios Inc. No infringement intended. The organizer is not involved in this corporation in any way. The qepHom is supported by the Klingon Language Institute, which is authorized user of the previously named trademarks.
If any provision of this agreement is held to be invalid or unenforceable, such provision shall be struck and the remaining provisions shall be enforced. In that case, the invalid provision shall be replaced by a valid one. This agreement may be amended at any time by posting the amended terms on this site. Additionally, the attendee will be notified through the email address he provides in his registration.
as per july 2007